Shoppers’ spending on healthy products, including natural/organic offerings, has seen steady growth in the past several years, driven by the desire of shoppers to feel good about the foods they’re eating.
- Forty-five percent of shoppers eat healthy foods even though they are more expensive.
- Thirty-eight percent of shoppers agree, “I often buy natural/organic products because I know they are better for me.”
- On a typical shopping trip, Millennial shoppers indicated that 39 percent of the items in their grocery carts were organic products, while total U.S. shoppers indicated just over 25 percent of the items in their typical carts were organic products.
- Twenty-six percent of Millennial shoppers indicated they usually stay on the store perimeter — such as the produce, meat and dairy sections — only visiting select center-store aisles during stock-up trips.
- More Millennial shoppers are familiar with non-meat diet choices, with 18 percent following a non-meat/low-meat diet daily.
read more – http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161213005205/en